Thanks to Allison at Frugal On The Prairie (love that name), I’ve been nominated for the sunshine blogger award.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
“The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are inspiring and bring sunshine into the lives of their readers and fellow bloggers.”<—- Allison’s explanation. She really is sunshine. I’m about as sweet and sunshiney as a bar of 90% dark chocolate.
Aside from that sugared explanation, it’s a way for bloggers to give a bit of information about themselves to readers, as well as to connect with fellow bloggers.
Sort of like a modern chain letter. But less work. Do you remember the joy of getting to use a “copier” to copy off those chain letters as a kid? I thought that was soooo high tech!
- Thank the person that nominated you
- Answer the questions from the person that nominated you
- Nominate some other bloggers for this award
- Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you have nominated
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated
- What is your “reach for the stars” goal as a blogger? To create a self-sustaining business where I can work myself out of all aspects of the job except for the fun writing 🙂
- Who is your greatest inspiration? Jesus. Seriously, would you die for someone else? Ok, yeah, your family maybe. But, would you die for someone who spent most of their life disliking and disrespecting you? That’s what I thought. Me too.
- What does a typical Day in the Life look like for you? Wake at 5:30 am. Work and sip a luxurious cup of espresso until 7:30 am. Teach school and wrangle children until 1-2 pm, then wrangle children until 8 pm. Rinse and repeat. Sprinkle in some moments of joy and frustration and you’ve got a recipe for an awesome day!
- What makes you smile? When my three year old does something naughty and then acts really cute to avoid discipline. Gets me every time, that little twerp!
- What is your favorite money saving or personal finance tip? Don’t leave home so much. Find a spot out on the lawn and read a good book, or run through the sprinkler with the kids. It’s magically easier to save money when you don’t spend so much. At least, that’s been my experience 🙂
And the nominees are…
1. Emily @Simple Cheap Mom
2. Kristin @Believe in a Budget
3. Money Bacon Guy @Money Bacon
4. Claudia @Two Cup House
5. Brian @Debt Discipline (Brian, I don’t know if this is your thing or not, but I’m hoping that you’ll understand question #5)
Questions to answer:
1. What’s your ideal employment?
2. If you could travel to any time in history, what would you choose, and why?
3. What’s a great memory from your childhood?
4. If you were on a desert island and could only bring 3 items, what would they be?
5. What… is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? (ok, fine, What… is your favorite color? Ok, ok, really now, *snort*, What’s something you do that makes your life easier and more productive?)